ECMC Releases New Patient Visitation Guidelines Amid COVID-19 Spike
Due to an increase of COVID-19 hospitalizations and a spike in positive cases in Erie County, ECMC has released new guidelines for patient visits.
According to their website, the new patient visitation guidelines go into effect today and will remain in place until further notice.
For Inpatient care: only one designated visitor will be allowed per day. Visiting hours are 1 pm until 7 pm. All visitors are required to comply with ECMC’s screening checkpoint procedures and must wear a mask at all times while in the hospital. If they cannot comply with the screening measures, they cannot have an in-person visit to the hospital.
For Critical Care: only one designated visitor will be allowed per day and visiting hours are Noon - 2 pm, 5 pm - 6 pm, and 8 pm - 9 pm.
For The Emergency Department: One support person is permitted per patient. The support person will be able to accompany a patient in the Emergency Department, and that person must remain in the patient’s treatment room for the entire visit. Children under the age of 18 can have both parents as support persons during their visit.
Outpatient elective surgeries, postponed in September, remain suspended until further notice.
There are also basic guidelines for everyone who is planning on going to ECMC for whatever reason.
- Please do not visit if you are ill.
- All visitors must be 18 years of age or older.
- Visitors will be provided with a face mask upon entry to the facility and must wear the mask at all times while inside the facility.
- Masks should only be removed to eat or drink.
- If a visitor refuses to wear a mask, they will be asked to leave the facility.
- Visitors should maintain recommended social distancing and regularly perform hand hygiene.
- Visitors should self-screen for contagious diseases before arriving at ECMC and before accessing patient care areas.
- If you have been in contact with someone with COVID-19 or have had symptoms of COVID-19 within the past 14 days, please do not visit the hospital.
- All visitors are required to comply with our screening checkpoint procedures. If you are unable to comply, you will not be permitted an in-person visit to the hospital.
- Visitors will be asked screening questions and have their temperature taken upon arrival.
- Visitors must stay in the patient’s room, or designated area identified by staff unless directed by staff to leave the room.
ECMC is Western New York's only Level 1 adult trauma center.