Community: The Youth Task Force has Launched the ‘Be Counted, End Youth Homelessness’ Campaign
The Youth Task Force has launched the “Be Counted…End Youth Homelessness” campaign to promote its second Youth Point in Time Count to find and count Buffalo’s homeless and couch-surfing youth to collect the data necessary to apply for funding to address their needs. Get more details here!
Credit: Mark Hall
If they are not counted, they don’t count!
On October 27, 2017 The Youth Task Force will be having an all day Youth Point in Time Count to survey as many of these youth as possible and they need your help for them to Be Counted! Youth 24-years-old and under can take the CONFIDENTIAL survey online, at any of their participating providers or at our Youth Count Pizza Party at a location to be announced. Those who take the survey will have a chance to win awesome prizes!
Ways to help:
• Spread the Word- If you know of any youth who are homeless or staying from house to house we need you to help them Be Counted! Youth 24yrs and under can take the CONFIDENTIAL survey online at www.wnycoalitionforthehomeless.org, www.wnyhomeless.org, Be Counted WNY on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram, at any of our participating providers, by calling 2-1-1 or at our Be Counted Pizza Party at a location to be announced from 1-7pm. Please tell any youth you know to be prepared to take the survey on this day. Those who take the survey will have a chance to win awesome prizes!
• If your agency would like to be a Participating Provider- Who will commit to surveying your youth and/or allow youth to come and take the survey at your site please email us with your agency’s name, address, hours youth can come, contact person youth can ask for and a phone number with the subject line “Participating Provider” and you will be included on the list. If any of you staff are able to identify homeless youth you work with and/or do Outreach around your location to bring Youth in that would be even better. We will provide you with a copy of the survey, tips and tricks to engage youth and a sign to put on your front window so youth can see it from the street.
• If you would like to donate- We are looking for sponsors and donations of personal care products (2-in-1 shampoo/conditioner, toothbrushes, toothpaste, soap, lotion and deodorant), backpacks, gift cards and raffle items (tablets or smart phones).
• Outreach Workers- We are putting together several teams of outreach workers to canvas the streets to look for these youth at places like malls, fast food restaurants, parks… If you know any outreach workers interested in participating please have them contact us.
• Contact Nadia S. Pizarro
Homeless Services Program Director
BestSelf Behavioral Health
430 Niagara Street
Buffalo, New York 14201
Office: (716) 856-9711 x 187
New Era Dental
Here are some other articles you might enjoy!
- It’s Fair Season! Get the Dates and Details on Upcoming County Fairs!
- The Most Infamous Mob Crime Families and Mafia Bosses in Buffalo [List]
- The First Prisoner Ever To Be Killed By The Electric Chair Was From Buffalo!
- The 6 Most Infamous Serial Killers From Buffalo and WNY! [List]