Community: Attend the ‘Single Moms Club’ Fun & Safety Day
NYS Senator Tim Kennedy's office, in conjunction with Mayor Byron Brown, is hosting the "Single Mom's Club" on June 21! Get all the details here!
You are invited to attend the "Single Mom's Club” event on Thursday, June 21, 2018 5:00 to 7:00 pm at Martin Luther King Jr. Park (near the Casino and wading pool). The Erie County Sheriff's office will be providing moms with child safety IDs. Epic will provide information on car seat safety, the Buffalo Fire Department will provide fire safety information, as well as a chance to tour a fire truck and community police officers from the Buffalo Police Department will provide information on stranger danger! Refreshments will be provided!
Please RSVP by calling 716-826-2683.
"This initiative would be a space for single mothers to come together for an evening of fun, self exploration, and growth. The idea is to bring women together, have a fun activity for them to like painting; have speakers come in and talk to them about continuing their education, jobs, resumes, mental health, relationships, parenting etc... While this is going on their children will be in a separate space doing cookie decorating etc...Plainly speaking single mothers need a lot of support and I think a great start is to get them out of the house, have them engaged in something that will help them to better themselves, while their children are entertained," said Zeneta Everhart.
Here are some other articles you might enjoy!
- 2018 Summer Food and Drink Festivals in Buffalo, WNY and Canada Guide! [List]
- 2018 Spring and Summer Shows and Concerts Guide
- 9 Famous People You May Not Know Are From Buffalo
- The Most Infamous Mob Crime Families and Mafia Bosses in Buffalo [List]
- The First Prisoner Ever To Be Killed By The Electric Chair Was From Buffalo!
- The 6 Most Infamous Serial Killers From Buffalo and WNY! [List]