Ja’net Dubois of Good Times has Passed Away
Ja'net Dubois, who we all knew and loved on Good Times, has passed away.
Credit: Chef Tripper via Youtube
Ja'net, who played Willona Woods on Good Times has died at the age of 74. According to TMZ, her family says she died unexpectedly in her sleep. She had appeared to be in good health and sources told TMZ that she hadn't been complaining about any health ailments.
She began her career on Broadway, acting in plays such as "Golden Boy" and "A Raisin In The Sun." She also made her round in plenty of movies, including "I'm Gonna Git You Sucka", "Tropic Thunder" and "Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle." She snagged two Emmy awards for her work on "The PJs."
"Ja'Net is the co-founder of the "Pan African Film & Arts Festival", which showcases global films about people of African descent and fine arts. She is a community activist whose DuBois Care Foundation's mission is to empower youth by supporting afterschool programs." ~ IMDB
I have the DVD sets of Good Times and I have remained a fan of Willona. She was always looking fabulous. I also recognized her voice singing the theme song for the Jeffersons, which she composed as well. She is survived by her three children. She will be missed!
Here are some other articles you might enjoy!
- 13 Menu Items Fast Food Workers Say to Never Order
- 7 Bed, 7 Bath Mansion for Sale in Buffalo [PHOTOS]
- Alicia Keys Co-Signs Griselda and Shouts Out Buffalo
- Top 5 Female Gangsters of New York
- 9 Famous People You May Not Know Are From Buffalo
- The 15 Richest Millionaires and Billionaires in New York
- The Most Infamous Mob Crime Families and Mafia Bosses in Buffalo [List]
- The First Prisoner Ever To Be Killed By The Electric Chair Was From Buffalo!
- The 6 Most Infamous Serial Killers From Buffalo and WNY! [List]