6ix9ine’s Mall Assault Case Dismissed
6ix9ine's legal team has just received some good news.
According to a report TMZ published on Monday afternoon (Nov. 25), the State of Texas filed a request to dismiss 6ix9ine's assault charges stemming from an alleged 2018 incident at Houston's The Galleria. A judge signed off on the dismissal earlier today.
Apparently, the state dropped the case because the alleged victim, Santiago Albarran, decided not to press any charges. As previously reported, during a hearing in 2018, Albarran let bygones be bygones and even took a picture with 6ix9ine after the court proceeding was over. In an additional note, the site reports that Texas authorities were worried that 6ix9ine's reputation after cooperating with the feds in an unrelated case could be a security risk, so that was another reason to drop the case.
6ix9ine's attorney for the case, Carl A. Moore, told the aforementioned celebrity news site that he's grateful that the case has been dropped.
"Mr. Hernandez has not been notified yet of the dismissal. We plan to notify him today," he said. "I am happy the prosecutors handling this case did what was fair and just today in dismissing the charge against Mr. Hernandez. We hope that getting this case behind him will assist in him moving forward with his career.”
The case stems from a January 2018 incident at the Galleria in Houston. During the incident, 6ix9ine reportedly told Albarran to stop recording him on video. When Albarran refused, 6ix9ine allegedly grabbed him by his hoodie and choked him out. Albarran later jumped on social media to share his anger about the incident.
"I JUST GOT CHOCKED BY TEKASHII 69 AT THE GALLERIA (Houston, TX) IN FRONT OF MY PARENTS. MY MOM, BROTHER AND DAD LITERALLY HAD TO PULL ME AWAY FROM HIM AND HIS GOONS [sic]," he wrote in the IG post. "I WAS RECORDING HIM WHEN HE DECIDED TO CHOKE ME HARD AS A HELL. If you have any vids of this please send them."
In related news, 6ix9ine has a sentencing hearing for a federal racketeering case on Dec. 18. After pleading guilty to several federal charges in January, 6ix9ine agreed to testify against his former Nine Trey Gangsta Bloods associates, two of whom were found guilty of multiple charges in October. During his testimony, 6ix9ine said that he expected to be released from prison after cooperating with federal authorities.
See 22 Hip-Hop-Related Police Raids