5 Tips to Successfully Wear White After Labor Day!
When it comes to fashion, I've always done my own thing. But one fashion tip that has stayed with me is the "No White After Labor Day Rule." And I've always questioned this advice. Besides the fact that you might disappear in a pile of Buffalo snow, I don't have a problem with folks wearing white in the Winter. Check out these five ways to wear white after Labor Day.
My girls and I all wore white on October 31, 2010, in Mexico!
There are a few tricks to rocking your white after Labor Day
5. Stay away from lightweight fabrics. White linen should only be worn in the summertime, not in 40-degree weather!
4. Avoid wearing white from head to toe after Labor Day. Try mixing it up; pair that white shirt with dark pants to balance your look. Also look for white clothes that have colored stitching or accents.
3. Try off-white hues. You can still achieve the same bright glory by using similar tones. A light cream-colored coat will provide the same effect in a more subtle way.
2. Accessorize! I Love a white hat, glove and scarf combo paired with a bold-color coat.
1. Wear your winter-white with confidence! Learn the rules for pulling off the look, and then Rock It Out! After all, you have to master the rules before you can break them.