The Results Are In! Find Out Which Restaurants Won at Taste Of Buffalo!
The Taste of Buffalo presented by Tops announced that several local restaurants were named award winners in a variety of categories at the 33rd annual festival. Find out which restaurants won!
For the first time, judges were asked to select a delicious, creative dish that defines the best of Buffalo food and culture. The Sponge Candy Caramel Cannoli from Panaro’s was the inaugural winner of the Best of Buffalo award.
Best Sandwich, won by Savor for House Smoked Brisket Slider along with the Veteran Award, given to Chrusciki Bakery were also new this year.
Additional Taste of Buffalo presented by Tops winners include:
· Chair’s Choice (chosen by 2016 Chair Jen Mitri): Deep Fried PB&J, Stack Burger
· Children’s Choice (chosen by Casey Mitri): Mac & Cheese, Fat Bob’s Smokehouse
· Pat Sardina Memorial Award for Best Comfort Food: Nani’s Meatballs, Osteria 166
· Lou Billittier Memorial “Rookie of the Year” Award: Jerk Corn, Curly’s Grille & Banquet Center
· Best Overall Item: Deep Fried PB&J, Stack Burger
· Best Meat Item: BBQ Ribs, BW’s Barbecue
· Best Seafood Item: Scallop Ceviche, Oshun
· Best Dessert: Peanut Stick, Paula’s Donuts
· Best Red Wine: Cabernet Franc 2012, Hazlitt Vineyards
· Best White Wine: Riesling 2013, Spring Lake
· Independent Health Foundation’s Healthy Options:
o First Place: Sorbet with Fresh Fruit Topping, Sweet Melody’s
o Second Place: Pomegranate Raspberry Sorbet, White Rabbit Frozen Yogurt
o Third Place: Chicken in the Grass, Mineo & Sapio Street Eats
Here are some other articles you might enjoy!
- Nominate A Dad For Father Friday In Buffalo!
- Summer 2016 Concert Guide For Buffalo, WNY And Canada! [List]
- The First Prisoner Ever To Be Killed By The Electric Chair Was From Buffalo!