The Ghosts of the Buffalo State Asylum — Haunted Tales of WNY
The Buffalo State Asylum for the Insane architectural treasure goes by a much more common name today the H. H. Richardson Complex, named for the designer of the building.
During its time of operation from 1870 through 1974, the state asylum apparently witnessed many of the horrors of mental health profession that were prevalent at the time from electroshock therapy, hyrdrotherapy and lobotomies to the use of systematic sterilization to prevent patients from reproducing.
Patients suffering from schizophrenia were injected with insulin to induce comas or Metrazol to cause seizures.
There have apparently been captured images and anomalies at the complex, believed by some to be the unsettled spirits of the patients who suffered from the hospital's less than ethical practices.