Stop The Bullying!
This week the Rodemeyer family mourns the loss of their Son Jayme Rodemeyer who was victimized by peers through bullying. According to www.abcnews.go.com "Jamey had been tormented for the past 12 months by cyberbullies who made disparaging comments with gay references on his Formspring account, a website that allows anonymous posts." In 2007 the top worst states to live in due to bullying were 1. California 2. New York 3. Illinois 4.Pennsylvania 5. Washington 77 percent of students are bullied mentally,verbally, and physically. This last fact might seem obsurd but it is proven that 100,000 students carry a gun to school. I did a little research and came across some warning signs of a "bullied child" whic are Possible warning signs that a child is being bullied:
• Comes home with torn, damaged, or missing
pieces of clothing, books, or other belongings;
• Has unexplained cuts, bruises, and scratches;
• Has few, if any friends, with whom he or she
• Seems afraid of going to school, walking to and
from school, riding the school bus, or taking part
in organized activities with peers (such as clubs);
• Takes a long, “illogical” route when walking to or
• Has lost interest in school work or suddenly
begins to do poorly in school;
• Appears sad, moody, teary, or depressed when he
or she comes home;
• Complains frequently of headaches, stomachaches,
or other physical ailments;
• Has trouble sleeping or has frequent bad dreams;
• Experiences a loss of appetite; or
• Appears anxious and suffers from low self-esteem.
Rodemeyers story has gone global there are celebrities such as Lady Gaga and Evander Holyfield who was our local news station channel 4 speaking out against "bullying". To see what the heavy weight champion has to say visit http://www.wivb.com/dpp/news/buffalo/Heavyweight-champion-talks-of-bullying. If you are or know someone that is getting bullied and you dont know your options of ways to help or get help PLEASE visit www.howtostopbullying.com and LETS STOP THE BULLYING!