Newborn Dies from a Kiss?
It's something a lot of parents might not even think was possible, but these parents lived it. A newborn was apparently infected with herpes simplex virus within days after her birth, 7News Brisbane reports via Yahoo.
A week after the newborn was taking home she started having problems eating. She loss a lot of weight and was taken to the hospital where she was put on a machine to help her heart and lungs, according to 7News.
The virus was apparently transmitted by a kiss from a visitor who likely had a cold sore, and the baby died 24 days old.