Meet Michelle Barron A Women Going Global [ADRI.V's Go Getta Of The Week]
Every Week I look to feature and interview a young mover and shaker who embodies the “Go Getta Spirit” and is doing great things for the people and themselves in the Western New York and Southern Ontario community. Having the the blessed opportunity of having my show “The Go Getta Mix” I look to use my platform to acknowledge those people nominated as “The Go Getta of The Week.
If you missed him on The Go Getta Mix last Friday check him out! Meet Michelle Barron The Go Getta Of The Week!
Michelle Barron is the founder of Women In the Spotlight Goinglobal (WITSGG), an online networking community created in 2010 on Facebook and since its creation has truly made an impact on the many lives that are apart of the network.
Women In the Spotlight Goinglobal (WITSGG The organization provides motivation and a network of professional resources. The goal is to encourage networking, knowledge sharing, entrepreneurial support career guidance and motivation amongst dynamic women. Women in the Spotlight Goinglobal now has over 1200 members of women from across the country. The network recently expanded its footprints in Atlanta, GA, and will launch in Charlotte, NC in 2013.
Besides being known as the founder of WITSGG, Michelle is an experienced management professional with a diverse combination of work experience in the private and public sectors including: economic development, planning, management and public administration. She has 14 years of solid project, administrative and organization skills and non-profit leadership.
Michelle began her career in Economic Development in 1995 working for the Buffalo Economic Renaissance Corporation in various administrative positions. In 2003 she was appointed as the Vice President of Neighborhood Development. During her tenure at BERC she managed economic development programs for the City of Buffalo to assist small business and revitalize commercial districts.
Highlights of her career include:
- Developing the Entrepreneurial Assistance Program,
- Working with area businesses, business associations and residents to develop and implement economic development initiatives specific to neighborhoods.
- 2007 American Planning Association (APA) award for Best Practice – CARE Market Study and Revitalization Plan, Project Manager –Renovation of a former East Utica library to professional service incubator.
- 2007 Received Certification of Completion in Economic Development and School for Retailing from the University of Shopping Centers on the campus of The Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania
- 2009 Preservation Award for Rehabilitation /Adaptive Reuse – Beverly A Gray Business Incubator
Michelle is currently completing her studies at D’Youville College. She will receive her Bachelors in Business Administration in 2013.
For more information about WITSGG
Check them out at www.womeninthespotlightgoinglobal.com
Like them on facebook www.facebook.com/WITSGG
Follow them on twitter @GoinglobalWITS
If you feel you got what it takes to be “The Go Getta of The Week” Send me your picture, bio and write in one paragraph or less on why you should be “The Go Getta of The Week” to ADRIVTheGoGetta@gmail.com