Labor Day In Buffalo — What’s Open + What’s Closed
With Labor Day comes the last hurrah before autumn rolls in and the kids submerse themselves in school work. It’s also our way of celebrating the workforce in the best way possible: by not working. Therefore, many businesses and offices around town will be closed.
This year, the holiday falls on Monday, September 1, and if you’re looking to get in a day on the town before fall gets underway, make sure you hang onto this list of what will be open and what will be closed in Buffalo.
Post Offices: Closed
- Albright-Knox Art Gallery: Closed
- Burchfield Penney Art Center: Closed
- Buffalo Museum of Science: Open regular hours (9 a.m. – 5 p.m.)
- Buffalo History Museum: Closed
The Buffalo Zoo: Open regular hours (10 a.m. – 4 p.m.)
Darien Lake Theme Park: Open regular hours (10:30 a.m. – 8 p.m.)
Martin’s Fantasy Island: Open regular hours (11:30 a.m. – 7:30 p.m.)
- Walden Galleria: Open regular hours (10 a.m. – 9:30 a.m.)
- Boulevard Mall: Open regular hours (10 a.m. – 9 p.m.)
- McKinley Mall: Open regular hours (10 a.m. – 9 p.m.)
- Eastern Hills Mall: Open 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Schools: Closed (First day of school for most Buffalo schools is Tuesday, Sept. 6, please verify your first day with your school).
As for additional Buffalo-specific and/or local business closings, most of your favorite stores and restaurants should be open for the day, but double-check before you venture out anywhere.