If you’re pregnant, find out how Buffalo Prenatal Perinatal Network can help! [Video]
LuAnne Brown, the CEO of Buffalo Prenatal-Perinatal Network chats with Yasmin Young to explain what they're about and the free services they offer! Listen in!
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. Do we have to pay for your services? Service is free
2. Can I wash my hair after I have the baby? Yes
3. What’s the safest position to put the baby to sleep? On their back with nothing in the crib
4. How do I care for the umbilical cord? Air dry
5. Is breastfeeding painful? It should not be painful. If it is, they may not be latching on correctly
6. If I breastfeed should I do it on demand or on a schedule? On demand
7. When can I introduce cereal in the baby’s bottle? At 4 months
Buffalo Prenatal-Perinatal Network, Inc. is a not-for-profit organization that has been in operation for 26 years. The overall mission of the organization is to coordinate and collaborate with key stakeholders in Erie County/City of Buffalo, to increase access to and utilization of preconception, prenatal, perinatal and postpartum health care services in the community. The agency and its programs work within the community to help identify problems of adequacy, acceptability and accessibility in the delivery of these services, especially to those who are in high-need; to seek support for implementation of programs/services that help attain the agency mission; promote coordination between service providers who serve similar consumers/clients; and to provide informational and educational activities for providers and consumers, to help enable improved birth outcomes for the targeted population.
Visit their website at BPPN.org for more info!
Here are some other articles you might enjoy!
- The Most Infamous Mob Crime Families and Mafia Bosses in Buffalo [List]
- The First Prisoner Ever To Be Killed By The Electric Chair Was From Buffalo!
- The 6 Most Infamous Serial Killers From Buffalo and WNY! [List]