Find out how to become a Foster Parent
May is National Foster Care Month and GA Family Services stopped by the 2 to 6 Takeover with Yasmin Young to talk about how you can become a foster parent!
According to the National Foster Care Coalition, National Foster Care Month has three main campaign goals:
1.Raising awareness of foster care issues.
2.Motivating others to help foster care and foster children succeed.
3.Create a positive framework that maintains the progress made during the month of May throughout the rest of the year.
Credit: National Foster Care Coalition
Foster Parent Requirements:
•are at least 21 years of age
•are single, married, living with a partner, divorced or widowed
•are working or stay at home parents
•meet all G.A. and New York State Safety Standards and Screenings
•have reliable and suitable transportation for children
•successfully complete the application and certification process
•offer a safe and loving home
•work in partnership with G.A.
GA Family Services' Core Beliefs:
Growth - All youth will be given the opportunity to reach their full potential.
Achievement - All youth will experience a positive environment in which they can enjoy success.
Family - We will work with the entire family moving all members towards permanence.
Safety - We will treat youth, families, and each other with dignity and respect, creating a safe environment for everyone.
Contact GA Family Service:
Here are some other articles you might enjoy!
- 2018 $5 Canalside Summer Concerts Series
- 2018 Summer Food and Drink Festivals in Buffalo, WNY and Canada Guide! [List]
- 2018 Spring and Summer Shows and Concerts Guide
- 9 Famous People You May Not Know Are From Buffalo
- The Most Infamous Mob Crime Families and Mafia Bosses in Buffalo [List]
- The First Prisoner Ever To Be Killed By The Electric Chair Was From Buffalo!
- The 6 Most Infamous Serial Killers From Buffalo and WNY! [List]