Count the Jams/Secret Salute Contest – RULES
“Count the Jams/Secret Salute Contest”
1 April 2011
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
- How to Enter the Contest
- The WBLK “Count the Jams/Secret Salute” contest consists of 2 parts. Part one the “Count The Jams contest,” will played at least 2 times per day Monday through Friday between 10a – 6p.Eastern Time (“ET”) Monday, April 11th through Friday, June 3rd, 2011. Part two the “Count the Jams” contest (which is the WBLK Secret Salute) will be played a minimum of at least 2 times per week, from 10a – 6p. Eastern Time (“ET”) Monday through Friday starting April 11th through May 30th 2011.
- To participate in the Count the Jams Contest, participants must listen to the WBLK Cue to call sounder (or live announcement from a WBLK air personality. Participants must count the number of Jams (songs), WBLK plays until the announcer tells them to stop counting. At the end of the Count the Jams music sweep WBLK will solicit caller number 18 at (716-644-9393) to correctly tell us the number of songs played within that sweep and proclaim the following statement; 93.7 WBLK IS MY FREE MONEY STATION, NOW GIMME MY MONEY” (known as the Phrase that Pays), to claim their winnings. Participants must express the above statement exactly as written or they will not be eligible to win the cash prize. The minimum cash amount per contest is $100.00 dollars and will not exceed $1000.00 per contest. You may win more than $100.00 during the contest segment if the air personality asks you questions on the artist name and titles of different songs while playing the contest. If the contestant answers each question correctly they can more cash up to $1000.00. If a listener fails to guess correctly the number of Jams in that set OR does not correct state 93.7 WBLK IS MY FREE MONEY STATION, NOW GIMME MY MONEY, the air personality will declare that person as a non winner and a $100.00 dollars will be added to the contest the next time it is played over the radio.
- To participate in Part 2 of our cash contest “BLK MVP Secret Salute”, Participates must sign up (or be a current active member) of the 93.7 WBLK MVP online loyalty club. Participates my sign up (at no charge) by logging on to www.wblk.com and click on MVP loyalty club. Each Thursday starting the week of April 11th through May 26th 2011 93.7 WBLK will conduct the Secret Salute contest live on the radio. Between the hours of 10am – 6pm a WBLK air personality will announce the name of one WBLK MVP online loyalty member. That member has exactly 9 minutes and 37 seconds to call the WBLK air personality back at 716-644-9393 to win $100.00 cash. If we do not get a winner when the contest is played, the cash amount from that contest will be rolled over into the next time the contest is played. Each winner will be asked to provide his or her first and last name, complete address, city, state, zip code, telephone number and may be asked their date of birth when he or she calls. WBLK is not responsible for telephone service outages, delays, busy signals, equipment malfunctions and any other technological or natural difficulties that may prevent an individual from completing his/her telephone call.
- There is no limit to the number of times a listener may attempt to call in but a listener may only qualify and win cash or any prize connected to this contest once through June 3rd 2011. Limit one (1) participant per household.
- Eligibility Restrictions
- The contest is open to all persons (US citizens or permanent residents) who are 18 years of age or older and legally reside in the Buffalo, NY Metro Area. Townsquare Media, Inc., WBLK (the “Station”), its licensee, and each of their corporate parents, subsidiaries, and affiliates, their advertising agencies, participating sponsors/promotional partners, other radio stations in the Buffalo metropolitan area and the members of their immediate families AND/OR HOUSEHOLDS are ineligible to participate or win. Townsquare Media, Inc and the Station shall be collectively referred to as the “Contest Entities”)
- Only one (1) winner per household is permitted in any Contest administered by the Station.
- c. Any person who has won ANY cash prize connected or not connected to this contest on WBLK (or any other Townsquare Media radio property in Buffalo NY) from the April 11th 2011 through June 3rd 2011 are not eligible to win any cash prize over the air.
a. “Count the Jams” contest. Part one “Count the Jams,” winners will win the minimum cash amount per contest is $100.00 dollars and not exceed $1000.00 dollars per contest. If a listener fails to correctly tell us the number of Jams played within a given set and or does not correctly pronounce the phrase that pays, a $100.00 dollars will be added to the contest the next time a name is announced. Part two “Secret Salute” for cash” contest the winner will win the minimum amount for each contest ($100.00 dollars) and will not exceed $1000.00 dollars per contest. Valid ID is required when picking up a prize. Valid ID is described as a state or federal picture ID with full name and address. Winners have up to 30 days (from the date they won a prize) to pick up their winnings. Prize pick up is Monday – Friday 9am – 5:15pm.
- All prizes may be picked up at the office of WBLK 93.7 Fm 14 Lafayette Sq Suite 1300, Buffalo NY 14203. Any prize not claimed within 30 days (30) days of winning will be forfeited by the winner. In the event that a prize or prize certificate is mailed to the winner, it will be with the prior written consent of the winner and therefore, winner assumes the risk of its loss. The Station is not responsible for the safe arrival of a prize or prize certificate. All winners must provide a valid State or Federal ID with picture in order to pick up any cash prize or prize valued over $600.00.
c. No prize substitutions, cash equivalent, or transfer of prizes permitted except at the sole discretion of the Contest Entities. Prize subject to availability and the Contest Entities reserve the right, at their sole discretion, to award a prize of greater or equal value if the advertised prize is unavailable. The prize are expressly limited to the items above and do not include taxes. Taxes are solely the responsibility of the winners.
- Selection of Winners
- Decisions of Contest Entities management with respect to the Contest are final.
- Listeners must call in to 716-644-9393 when the air personality announces or plays the Count the Jams sounder for the “Count the Jams” contest. Also Listeners must call in to 716-644-9393 when the air personality calls a WBLK MVP member each Thursday starting April 11th through May 30th 2011.
- Odds of winning depend on the number and order of calls received from eligible entrants and or the number of eligible WBLK MVP members in the WBLK database.
- Winners need to listen to win and or become members of the WBLK MVP online loyalty club. Winners must execute and return any required Affidavit of Eligibility and/or Release of Liability Prize Acceptance Form and pick up prize within thirty (30) days of notification attempt/winning or prize will be forfeited.
- Payments of all federal, state and local taxes are solely the responsibility of the winners. Winners will be required to sign an IRS Form W-9 or the equivalent.
- By participating in the Contest, the winner or winners agree to have their name, voice, or likeness used in any advertising or broadcasting material relating to this Contest without additional financial or other compensation, and, where legal, to sign a publicity release confirming such consent prior to acceptance of the prize.
Prior to awarding any prize or prize certificate, the Station in its sole discretion may require Contest winners to sign a liability release, agreeing to hold Townsquare Media, Inc, the Station, its corporate licensee, and each of their parent, subsidiary and affiliated corporations, and the officers, shareholders, directors, employees, agents and representatives of each of them harmless against any and all claims or liability arising directly or indirectly from the prize or participation in the contest. All cash winners shall receive monies in the form of a Townsquare Media, Inc company check made payable to the person winning the contest.
- The Contest Entities reserve the right to make changes in the rules of the Contest, including the substitution of a prize or equivalent value, which will become effective upon announcement.
- Failure to comply with the Contest rules may result in a contestant’s disqualification solely at the discretion of the Contest Entities.
- The Contest Entities are not responsible for typographical or other errors in the printing, the offering or the administration of the Contest, or in the announcement of a prize.
- Copies of the written Contest rules and a list of winners (when complete) are available during regular business hours at the main studio of WBLK.
Station: WBLK 93.7 Fm 14 Lafayette Sq Suite 1300, Buffalo NY 14203.
Co-Sponsors: Townsquare Media, 240 Greenwich Avenue Greenwich, CT 06830. Administrator: WBLK Radio 14 Lafayette Square Suite 1300, Buffalo NY 14203 (716) 852-9393 x322