Buffalo, WNY Can’t Miss Festivals
From the Allentown Art Festival to Taste of Buffalo, National Buffalo Wing Festival, and Juneteenth Festival in the summer and the Buffalo Ball Drop (Dec. 31) and Labatt Blue Pond Hockey in the winter, Western New York knows how to throw an amazing festival.
- Medina Railroad Museum Day Out with Thomas, http://railroadmuseum.net/, May.
- Allentown Art Festival, http://www.allentownartfestival.com/, Tens of thousands come out to Allentown to enjoy quality art and crafts presented by over 400 juried exhibitors
- National Buffalo Garden Festival, http://nationalgardenfestival.com/, June-July.
- Juneteenth Festival, http://www.juneteenthofbuffalo.com/, Parade, entertainment, arts and culture, vendors, car show, health and wellness activities, Underground Railroad tours, kids activities, basketball showcase, family photo booth, chalk walk, African dance and drum lessons, youth activities, food and more.
- French & Indian War Encampment, http://www.oldfortniagara.org/visitor-information
- Shakespeare in Buffalo's Delaware Park, http://shakespeareindelawarepark.org/, Founded in 1976 and located in Buffalo NY, SDP attracts over 40,000 patrons each summer. (June-August)
- Taste of Lockport, http://www.thetasteoflockport.com/,
Each year approximately 7,500 attend to sample over 25 local restaurants and wineries and enjoy live music and other family activities
- Taste of Buffalo, http://www.tasteofbuffalo.com/, It's the largest two-day food festival in the U.S.
- Canal Fest of the Tonawandas, http://www.canalfest.org/, It is the largest festival of its kind along the Erie Canal
- Kingdom Bound, http://www.kingdombound.org/, Kingdom Bound Ministries produces premiere Christian Arts events year-round, including an annual Festival at the Darien Lake Resort.
- Lewiston Fine Arts Festival, http://www.artcouncil.org/events/artfestival.php, The event features work by more than 175 exceptional artists and fine crafters
- Erie County Fair, http://www.ecfair.org/, The 10th largest fair in North America, with concerts, food, motor events, competitions, livestock barns, games, rides, and more,
- National Buffalo Wing Festival, http://buffalowing.com/
- Great Pumpkin Farm Fall Festival & World Weigh-Off http://greatpumpkinfarm.com/, September-October.
- Letchworth Arts & Crafts Show, http://artswyco.org/index2.php?page=lacs, Artists, artisans and craftspeople from all over the country participate in the festival. The show takes place on Columbus Day weekend at the Highbanks Recreation Area of Letchworth State Park.
- Christmas in the Country International Artisan Marketplace (November)
- Festival of Lights National Shrine of Our Lady of Fatima, http://fatimashrine.com/, November-January.
- Buffalo Powder Keg Festival, Buffalo is transformed into a festive winter celebration with hot food and refreshments and winter carnival classics including ice skating, broom ball, snowshoeing and carriage rides, February.