***BREAKING NEWS*** EIGHT NYS HOSPITALS IDENTIFIED TO TREAT EBOLA PATIENTS!!!!
Breaking News this morning as Gov. Andrew Cuomo announces a Ebola Preparedness Initiative to deal with the possibility of Ebola reaching NYS.
Gov. Cuomo announced that there are Eight NYS Hospitals that have been identified (one of them being The University of Rochester) to treat Ebola Patients *IF* there are any patients that need to be treated in the future. There are CURRENTLY NO ONE IN NYS THAT HAS BEEN DIAGNOSED WITH HAVING THE EBOLA VIRUS. The Hospitals have been identified and training will take place as a precautionary measure in case there is treatment needed ion the future.
Here are the Eight Hospitals that have been identified to care for patients and where isolation units are being created!!!!
- Mt. Sinai in Manhattan
- New York Presbyterian in Manhattan
- Bellevue in Manhattan
- Montefiore in the Bronx
- North Shore/LIJ Health System in Nassau County
- Upstate University Hospital in Syracuse
- University of Rochester Medical Center in Rochester
- Stony Brook University Hospital on Long Island